FLINT, Michigan — Leadership NOW has selected 18 local professionals representing a wide variety of current and emerging leaders to participate in this year’s program, its fifth cohort.
“Leadership NOW is designed for people who want to improve Genesee County through their leadership,” said Steven Elkins, director of Member Services & Business Training at the Flint & Genesee Chamber. “Our goal is to help prepare them with the skills needed to transform this community.”
The introspective leadership development program is offered through the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce and United Way of Genesee County.
The participants, who work and/or live in Genesee County and have experience in the private, public or nonprofit sectors, will undergo in-depth leadership assessments, one-on-one coaching and more than 100 hours of training throughout the year.
Together the cohort will learn how to leverage different behaviors to develop and implement a sustainable, collaborative project that benefits the community or a local organization.
Participants in the fifth cohort include:
- Gina DeShong (Mt. Morris), Information & Assistance Partner, The Disability Network
- Nicholas Goldsworthy (Fenton), Attorney, Witt & Howard, PLLC
- Cam Herth (Davison), Chief Administrator, Louhelen Bahá’í Center of Learning
- Elizabeth Herth (Davison), National Statistics Officer, Bahá’í National Center
- Sandra Johnson (Flint), Project Manager, Hamilton Community Health Network
- Izzi Joseph (Lapeer), Communications & Public Relations Specialist, Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce
- Leigh LaForest (Davison), Partnership Development Manager, Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce
- Jennie Main (Grand Blanc), Engagement Specialist, Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce
- Tarnesa Martin (Grand Blanc), Nurse Manager, Hurley Medical Center
- Christina Mitchell (Swartz Creek), Administrative Assistant, The Hagerman Foundation
- Bermicia Parks (Flint), Business Intelligence Systems Analyst, Mott Community College
- Kelly Price (Flint), Administrator, McFarlan Home
- Sarah Scheitler (Flint), Corridor Alliance Manager, Flint River Watershed Coalition
- LaVera Shields (Flint), Inspector, Antolin
- Tiffany Stone (Grand Blanc), Medicaid Policy Deputy Director, Michigan Association of Health Plans
- Tietricha Thomas (Grand Blanc), Director of Spirit Programs, Spring Arbor University
- Kaneesha Wallace (Grand Blanc), Program Manager, University of Michigan Health System
- Shelicia Wright (Grand Blanc), Nurse Manager, Ascension Genesys Hospital
To learn more about Leadership NOW, visit flintandgenesee.org/leadershipnow