FLINT, Michigan—In a continuing effort to assist members of the community in their enrollment process, the Flint Registry will host a Flint Registry Summer Outreach Week from July 8 through the 13.
The weeklong event includes family-friendly activities at a number of different locations. The outreach team and Flint Registry staff will be stationed at each to help eligible residents enroll.
“We are encouraging everyone to use this week to take steps towards recovery,” said Janée Rankin, director of community engagement. “We look forward to answering any questions people may have about the Flint Registry and help them with the process of getting started.” Individuals can also start the enrollment process online at flintregisty.org (click the “Pre-Enroll” button at the top of the page‚ or by calling 833-GO-FLINT.
Anyone who was exposed to Flint water from April 25, 2014 to Oct. 15, 2015 is eligible. This includes individuals who lived, worked, or attended school in Flint during that time as well as children who were exposed prenatally. The Flint Registry connects participants to services that reduce the impact of the water crisis.
Flint Registry Summer Outreach Week begins Monday, July 8, with a Kick Off Brunch from 10 a.m. to noon at Sylvester Broome Empowerment Village and the week ends with a field day event 1-4 p.m. Saturday, July 13, at Brennan Park.
Other planned activities include:
MON., JULY 8 | NORTHSIDE DAY
- Kick-Off Brunch: 10 a.m.- noon Sylvester Broome Empowerment Village
- Pre-enrollment Sign-up: Noon-3pm Bethel United Methodist Church
- Pre-enrollment Sign-up: 2-5pm Northwestern
TUES., JULY 9| DOWNTOWN DAY
- Pre-enrollment Sign-up: 10 a.m.-2pm Flint City Hall
- Onsite enrollment support: 2-6pm Flint Registry Offices
- Pre-enrollment Sign-up: 2-5pm Flint Farmers’ Market
- Game Night: 5-7pm YMCA of Greater Flint Downtown
WED., JULY 10| SENIOR DAY
- Pre-enrollment Sign-up: 10 a.m.-noon Communication Access Center for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Walk with Ease w/Commit to Fit and Senior Luncheon: 10 a.m.-1pm Brennan Community Center
- Senior Paint Party: 3pm-5pm Hasselbring Senior Center
THURS. JULY 11 | EASTSIDE DAY
- Pre-Enrollment Sign up: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Flint Eastside Mission
- Pre-Enrollment Sign up: 2 p.m.-5 p.m. Boys and Girls Club of Flint
- Onsite enrollment support Fiesta Latinx: 4 p.m.-7 p.m. Latinx Technology & Community Center
FRI. JULY 12 | SOUTHSIDE DAY
- Pre-Enrollment Sign up: 2 p.m.-5 p.m. Brennan Park
- Pre-Enrollment Sign-up: 2 p.m.-5 p.m. Windiate Park
- Pre-Enrollment Sign up: 2 p.m.-5 p.m. Atherton East Apartments
SAT. JULY 13 | KIDS & FAMILIES DAY
- Cooking with Kids: 11 a.m.– 1 p.m. Flint Children’s Museum
- Summer Reading Check-In: 1 p.m.-3 p.m. Flint Public Library
- Brennan Park Field Day: 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Brennan Community Center